How smooth and flawless your tan looks is not only down to the tanning application but also the condition of your skin. If you have dry patches of skin they will absorb a higher percentage of tan creating dark patches that fade less evenly. Follow our simple steps below will help avoid this:
● We recommend you have a patch test, if you have never used any self-tanning products before or have sensitive skin.
● On the day of your treatment DO NOT wear any make-up, moisturiser deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions as these may react with the tanning agents.
● Do not wax or shave for 24 hours prior to treatment.
● The evening before or morning of your treatment exfoliate your entire body. Pay special attention to your hands, elbows knees and feet.
● Relax while your therapist guides you through your treatment. First you will be asked to wear sticky soles that temporarily adhere to the bottom of your feet. These will stop your feet discolouring. Your therapist will then prepare your skin to ensure your spray tan blends naturally at the wrists, ankles and around your fingers and toes. Your spray tan will then be applied.
● The whole treatment lasts about 10 minutes.
● Immediately after your spray tan we recommend you allow a minute for the tan to absorb. The initial tan colour you’ll see is actually the cosmetic guide colour and not the colour you will be after the development time.
Immediately after your spray tan:
● Wear loose clothing.
● Keep skin completely dry and avoid any contact with water.
● Do not apply any other products while the tan is developing.
● Allow the tan to develop for at least 8-10 hours (overnight if possible).
● Avoid activities that make you perspire.
After your tan has developed:
● Rinse off the remaining colour guide with warm/hot water. Once the water runs clear gently wash with a mild soap.
To maintain your tan as long as possible:
● Apply body moisturiser regularly to maintain your tan for longer and ensure even fading.
● Exfoliate every 3 days lightly.
● Pat your skin dry after each bath or shower. DO NOT rub it.
● Avoid sauna and steam rooms. Also avoid swimming pools as chlorine can bleach the tan.
● If you have a few bits of old tan remaining a great way to get rid of them is to gently rub with a damp flannel or exfoliating mitt whilst you are in the bath.
HOW LONG DOES A SPRAY TAN TAKE TO DEVELOP?
Express Spray Tan….
Allows you to control your depth of tan so you can rinse it off after 1 hour to look like you’ve spent a weekend in Paris, 2 hours for a week in the Caribbean or 3 hours for the 2 weeks in Bora Bora bronze!